Mini Chicken Skewers
by Eleanor Cullen on Jun 29, 2020
This lunch idea definitely isn't your typical ham & cheese sandwich. It's a fun and super simple way to bring colour into your little one's lunch, while giving them a feast for the eyes.
Our Mini Chicken Skewers are a hit with the kids and best of all, you can get them involved in threading the pieces onto the skewers - win win!
Prep 30 minutes
Roast 10 - 15 minutes
- 200 g chicken breast fillets, trimmed and cut into 1.5 cm cubes
- 200 g sweet potato, peeled and cut into slices
- 10 cherry tomatoes
- tahini to drizzle (optional)
- Heat an oiled, large grill plate over a medium heat.
- Add chicken and cook, turning for about 5 minutes, or until cooked through. Remove.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper. Roast sweet potato stars/slices for 10 - 15 minutes or until golden.
- Thread the chicken, sweet potatoes, and cherry tomatoes onto the skewers.
- Drizzle with tahini.
Store in an airtight container in the fridge for three days