Satisfy Your Sweet Tooth With This Easy, 40-Min. Easter Cheesecake Recipe
by Mona Fe on Mar 31, 2023
Autumn is finally here, and with it comes the changing leaves, cosy sweaters, and of course, the highly anticipated Easter celebrations! Somewhere in between those baskets filled with chocolate eggs and freshly baked hot cross buns, we find ourselves feeling like kids again, filled with excitement and joy! And honestly, we can't blame you! After all, what's not to love about this time of the year?
While every family has their own traditions for Easter, one thing that we can all agree on is that the celebrations are made even better when there's a delicious set of goodies to enjoy!
During this time, we do not just set our tables with the traditional savoury lamb shanks, mashed potatoes, and roasted chicken. Instead, we also fill them with a variety of desserts that highlight festive pastel colours and playful presentations that appeal to everyone.
From irresistible cakes filled with carrots, bunnies, and coloured egg toppers to delectable muffins piped with creamy fillings, your imagination is the only limit to what you can serve.
For main dishes, a quick Google search will tell you about all the great options ranging from ham to fish and lamb. But for desserts that can also double as snacks? Now that’s where you have to get creative!
If you're looking for the perfect "sweet ending" that is easy to prepare with your kids, then cheesecakes are the solid choice!
Creamy, decadent, and oh-so-versatile, cheesecakes are the ultimate crowd-pleaser. Whether you're a fan of classic vanilla, fruity combinations like strawberry or blueberry, or even more adventurous flavours like matcha or salted caramel, there's a cheesecake out there to satisfy every sweet tooth. And let's not forget about the convenience factor! Cheesecakes can be whipped up with ingredients that are likely already in your pantry, making them great last-minute party food for any special event.
The best part? You can get your kids involved in the kitchen, especially if you follow our Easter Cheesecake recipe!
With only a few steps and ingredients to prepare, you and your family can get a kick out of the whole process. From there, your little ones can let their creativity shine as they help you coordinate the design, while you can teach them valuable life skills like following directions, measuring ingredients, and working as a team at the same time. Now that's something we can all go ~cheesy~ about!
Are you ready to hop into the kitchen and bake with the kids? Bring out the butter and eggs as we take a look at our Easter Cheesecake recipe!
Easter Cheesecake Recipe
Makes 1 cheesecake | Prep 40 minutes
- 300 g (3 cups) spelt flour
- 150 g butter, cut into 1 cm cubes
- 30 g (¼ cup) coconut sugar
- 20 g (¼ cup) raw cacao powder
- 1 egg
- 150 ml (½ cup and 2 tbsp) maple syrup
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 500 g (2 cups) quark
- 175 g butter, melted
- 1 tsp vanilla powder
- Preheat oven to 180° C and lightly grease a deep tin, and set aside.
- Place all ingredients into a high-speed food processor and blitz until a dough forms. Set aside a third of the dough to roll out and cookie cut Easter shapes for decorating the top of the cheesecake.
- Roll out the remaining dough until about 3 mm thick. Carefully transfer to the cheesecake tin, using your fingers to press firmly into the base and all around the sides. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine eggs and maple syrup with a whisk.
- In a separate large mixing bowl, add quark and vanilla powder. Pour in a little of the egg mixture and melted butter at a time, stirring to combine in between pours.
- Use an electric handheld mixer to whisk until completely smooth and creamy.
- Carefully spoon filling onto the crust, using the back of a spoon to spread evenly. Place Easter shapes on the top.
- Place in oven and bake for around 50-60 minutes or until the filling is golden brown. After around 30-40 minutes, cover the top with foil or parchment paper to stop it from burning while the filling continues to cook.
- At the end of the baking time, turn off the oven, leaving the cheesecake inside with the door slightly open to cool.
- Ensure the cheesecake has cooled completely (overnight in the fridge if possible) before serving.
After refrigerating overnight, it's time to serve and enjoy it with family and friends. For a stylish and practical touch, consider using non-slip Placies from WMBT. These non-slip silicone placemats are practical additions for keeping your plates, cups, and utensils in place during mealtime, preventing spills and messes. Plus, their cute signature cat, bear, and bunny designs will turn your kiddos' gazing eyes and delight adults!
Got leftovers? No problem! Simply pop them in an airtight container like WMBT's Snackies to keep the cheesecakes fresh and delicious for up to five days. However, if you want to store it for an extended period, then freezing is a great option.
When stored properly, our Easter Cheesecake can maintain its flavour and texture in the freezer for several months. Simply wrap the cheesecake tightly in plastic wrap or aluminium foil to prevent freezer burn, and place it in an airtight container. When you’re ready to take a bite, allow the cheesecake to thaw in the refrigerator overnight before serving.
Want to gift your Easter Cheesecake masterpiece to someone special? Place the cheesecake in a sturdy, airtight container like our Snackies to keep it fresh and secure. Add some personality to the gift by tying a colourful ribbon or bow around the container. Keep the cheesecake in the fridge until it's time to gift it, or if you need to transport it, pop it in a cooler with ice packs to keep it perfectly chilled. Your lucky gift recipient will be blown away by your thoughtfulness and the delicious taste of this delightful dessert - trust us!
Level Up Your Easter Cheesecakes With These Fillings!
Looking for a twist? What we love about our Easter Cheesecake recipe is that simple tweaks can make it even more delicious. Here are a few inspirations to turn this recipe extra fab!
- Carrot Craze - Add shredded carrots, cinnamon, and nutmeg to the filling to create a carrot cake-inspired cheesecake.
- Lemon Drop Delight - Mix some lemon zest and juice into the filling, and top with fluffy meringue. You can also use a kitchen torch to brown the meringue to create a beautiful fancy contrast!
- Caramel Dream - Stir in caramel sauce or melted caramel chocolate to the filling and top with crushed mini caramel eggs.
And there we have our best-tasting Easter Cheesecake recipe! It's not just a dessert that's fun to make with the kids but also delicious! As you can see, all you need is a little bit of creativity and patience. Who knows? Maybe your little ones will want to bake more often after trying this recipe!
If you enjoyed this recipe and would love to learn other recipes, be sure to check out our newest downloadable, Happy Easter! This 13-page recipe booklet includes all the Easter-approved meals we swear by and the exact ingredients you'll need to make them. You can download it here, along with several other recipe booklets that will help you get your family ready for the rest of the year!
Pin This Recipe