Ice, Ice Baby – Fast & Easy Iced Coffee Recipe
by Mona Fe on Mar 17, 2023
Here’s a funny question for busy mums – have you ever started your day without coffee?
We have, and it was not a pretty sight.
As any fabulous mum knows, a full day requires a great start. And that great beginning usually comes in the form of coffee.
But not just any coffee!
At the WMBT HQ, we’ve worked day and night to find the perfect coffee recipe that’s waaay cuter than a regular ol’ pot of brewed, and faster than a Starbucks coffee run.
Ice Ice Baby is our go-to, fancified iced coffee recipe that gets our early day started right.
And guess what, mums, if you like this recipe, you will enjoy the other nine included in WMBT’s soon-to-be-released booklet, "Drinks for Mum". There you’ll find a range of recipes – from hearty hot chocolate to a power smoothie to an ice-cold gin and tonic. It’s always a great idea to have season-spanning, all-occasion beverages on standby! So be sure to check that one out, too.
More Coffee, Please
With the rising temperature and full-on humidity, there’s nothing quite as refreshing and satisfying as cold brew coffee.
Now, making iced coffee is simple enough. But the great thing about this sanity-saving recipe is that they can be made ahead in batches and stored in the freezer for a quick pick-me-up whenever you need it. You’d have an instant cup when you need to grab and go!
It’s also a fun activity your kids can get in on.
Let your little ones help with pouring and mixing the cooled coffee in the silicone freezer tray. Simply gather the ingredients beforehand and let their inner barista shine!
Kids craving their own cup? Swap out the coffee with chocolate milk for their own child-friendly version.
Here’s where we let you in on the secret to a nicely-flavoured cup of joe without the watered-down taste.
The key is NOT to use ice. Instead, we use coffee cubes to retain the rich coffee flavour.
And, instead of regular cubes, we’re serving them up in pretty shapes with the WMBT Freeze & Bake Poddies. These cute and colourful (not to mention environmentally-friendly) silicone moulds make it extra easy to pop out a poddie or three for when you need a kick of caffeine.
Feeling extra? Sip your Ice Ice Baby with a WMBT Bendie Straw. These dishwasher-friendly, reusable straws are a great way to steer clear of single-use plastics.
That’s you saving mother earth, one caffeinated sip at a time.
Coffee But Better
Sure, a quick coffee run can be convenient too. But these cups usually come with a ton of sugar, a long line, and a high price tag.
Ice, Ice Baby is fast, easy and all the ingredients are already in your pantry. In the mood for something fancier than your current cup of cold brew?
We’ve got you covered on that, too.
Here are other great ideas for those obsessed with iced coffee:
- COFFEE CLASSIC: Pour in ½ ounce of heavy cream and sprinkle with cinnamon.
- FRAPPE FAVOURITE: Upgrade it to a frappe simply by blending the frozen poddies with your milk until smooth. You might need to use more poddies for this version.
Add whipped cream and chocolate chips to finish it off.
- RISE & SHINE: How about adding a scoop of collagen to your coffee for a beauty boost too? Blend 8 poddies, coconut milk and collagen powder (extra ice cubes if needed) for a beautiful start to your morning.
- AUSSIE VARIATION: Stir in chocolate syrup and top with a scoop of vanilla (chocolate works, too!) ice cream. Garnish with whipped cream and chocolate shavings for the perfect mid-day coffee break.
- CHEWY COFFEE: Take our basic recipe but add in coffee jelly or boba pearls for a pleasant surprise with every sip.
You can also flavour your coffee with chocolate, caramel, hazelnut or any other syrups you prefer.
Makes 3 Iced Coffees | Prep 10 minutes
- 750 ml (3 cups) coffee, cooled
- 1 tbsp maple syrup, optional
- 750 ml (3 cups) milk of choice
Add maple syrup (if using) to cooled coffee and mix well before pouring into the Mini Poddies or ice cube tray.
Freeze, overnight if possible.
Once frozen, add 3-5 iced coffee cubes to a large glass then pour in 250 ml (1 cup) milk.
Sweeten with additional maple syrup if desired.
Pop a couple of We Might Be Tiny Bendie Straws into the iced coffee and enjoy!
PIN THIS RECIPE