Oven-Baked Spinach & Sausage Omelette Recipe
by Mona Sotomayor on Oct 27, 2023
So the sun's setting, and let's be real – it's not just wrapping up another episode of “Keeping Up with Daily Chaos.” Every parent's internal monologue is now screaming, “What's the magic dish that's yummy, snappy, and won't get eye-rolls from the kids?” As if juggling work emails, messy rooms, and those surprise Zoom meetings wasn't enough, now there’s the pressure of whipping up an Instagram-worthy dinner that's also secretly packed with the good stuff (yes, nutrients!).
The dinner dilemma? Yeah, it’s legit, no joke. Fall into that same old food rut, and we’re just hitting replay on our tired recipe jams. And, honestly, who hasn’t shot sneaky side-eyes at their phone, daydreaming about dialling up some drool-worthy pizza or mouth-watering Chinese takeout? I mean, they’re delish for a hot minute, but they’re usually more cheat-day fantasy than daily reality, packed with those sneaky calories we didn’t ask for.
But let's pause the panic button for a sec.
What if there’s a 20-minute recipe that’s both tot-tested and grown-up-approved?? Spoiler alert: it exists. And, bonus, it just might buy you enough chill time for that sunset yoga stretch (or, five uninterrupted minutes of diving deep into the TikTok rabbit hole)! Mums, it’s time to try out our easy Oven-Baked Sausage and Spinach Omelette!
Hold up. Omelette? At NIGHT?
Before you scratch your head, just remember: omelettes aren’t just for the AM. They’re like the unicorns of the food world—magical anytime. They are super quick to whip up, flavorful, and are bursting with all that good-for-you stuff. Eggs are basically nature's multivitamin – think protein and brain-boosting choline. Spinach? That's your iron-rich, leafy superhero. And tomatoes? They're serving up heart-loving lycopene and a vitamin C punch. Put 'em together, and you've got an omelette that's not just delish, but also ridiculously good for your growing kids!
Most importantly, this dish is the ultimate kiddo-friendly kitchen adventure. Imagine your mini-me's diving in, tossing spinach like they're on a cooking show, and crushing the cookie-cutter game to craft their dream omelette shapes! I mean, who knew dinner could look this artsy?
Ready to give our oven-baked omelette recipe a try? If yes, then preheat your oven and let’s start cooking!
Oven Baked Sausage and Spinach Omelette Recipe
Makes 1 Bear Cake Mould | Prep time 10 mins plus 20 mins cooking time
- 1 ½ tbsp olive oil
- half a small brown onion, finely diced
- 8 cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 140 g (1 cup) sausages, cooked and diced, equates to 2 medium sausages
- 10 g (½ cup) spinach, roughly chopped
- 50 g ( ½ cup) cheese, grated (plus extra for topping)
- ½ tsp paprika
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- 6 eggs, whisked
- 60 ml (¼ cup) milk
- Preheat the oven to 180° C.
- Grease a We Might Be Tiny Bear Cake Mould with half a tablespoon of oil.
- Add onions, tomatoes, sausage, spinach, and cheese to the mould and set aside.
- In a large bowl or jug, combine eggs, milk, paprika, garlic powder, and salt and pepper before pouring over the sausage mixture. Stir to ensure the mixture is evenly coated. Sprinkle a little extra cheese on top if desired.
- Place in the oven and bake for 15-20 minutes or until the egg is set and the top is golden.
- Allow to cool slightly before serving.
Whipping up our delightful omelette wasn't just a whimsical decision; we had a secret weapon up our sleeves – the WMBT Bear Cake Mould! Why, you ask? Because transforming dinner into bear-shaped masterpieces is exactly the kind of genius move that's bound to make your kiddos gleefully clean their plates. Plus, these silicone moulds are so much more than their charming faces. Made from premium food-grade silicone, they're built to endure the rigours of the oven, microwave, and dishwasher, while also championing WMBT's commitment to sustainable, eco-friendly kitchen game-changers.
Considering our Oven-Baked Sausage and Spinach Omelette for next week? Its versatility shines when you make it in a generous batch before you even need it. Stored right in the freezer, this omelette stays fresh and tasty for 3 months. For a quick reheat, simply add a bit of oil to a pan, warm on medium heat, and place your saved omelette inside. In 5-10 minutes, it's ready to serve, tasting as flavorful as when you first made it.
Oven-Baked Sausage and Spinach Omelette Twists
For families with varied tastes, dietary needs, or just the usual picky eater in the bunch, finding that one-size-fits-all meal can feel like searching for a needle in a haystack. But what if the secret isn't finding the perfect recipe, but crafting one that bends, twists, and flexes based on who's around the dinner table? This is where our Oven-Baked Sausage and Spinach Omelette recipe shines!
Think of it as a delicious base, ready to be explored with your family's favourite add-ins and flair. Gluten-free? Vegan? Crazy about cheddar? We got you. It's all about ensuring everyone at the table dives into a plate that's unmistakably theirs. After all, dinner’s not just about filling bellies, but making memories. And when everyone gets to play chef? That’s a mealtime win!
- Cheesy Overload: Mix in your favourite - whether it's the melt-in-the-mouth mozzarella, sharp cheddar, or crumbly feta. As it melts, brace yourself for a cheese pull that's insta-worthy and a mouthfeel that's pure bliss.
- Mushroom Mania: Toss in finely sliced mushrooms, whether they're earthy portobellos, delicate shiitakes, or buttery creminis. Their natural umami and hearty texture elevate the omelette, giving it an almost steak-like richness.
- Bell Pepper Boost: Dice up a medley of red, yellow, and green bell peppers for a burst of vibrant colours. Beyond aesthetics, their sweet crunch introduces a refreshing contrast to the luscious eggs and savoury sausage.
- Herb Heaven: A sprinkle of fragrant parsley, snappy chives, or feathery dill can be a game changer. Each bite infused with these greens takes your omelette on a mini trip to herb paradise, adding layers of freshness and zest.
- Bacon Bliss: Crisp up some bacon bits and sprinkle them over your omelette for that extra crunch and smoky flavour.
- Spicy Sizzle: For those who like a little fire, adding diced jalapeños, spinach, and parmesan cheeses can bring that zesty heat to every bite.
And there we have it! As we learned in this post, delicious doesn't have to mean "all day in the kitchen." With our omelette masterpiece, you'll discover that flavour and fast can totally have a playdate together.
And when you use the WMBT Bear Cake Mould for your silicone baking recipes, you’re not levelling up the baking process but actually creating a full-on experience. Whether it's for a birthday blowout, a casual playdate, or those "just because" Tuesdays, these moulds turn meals into a visual delight. And trust us, both kids and adults will be talking about that bear-shaped bite long after dinner's done.
Hungry for more heartwarming, family-friendly dinner inspo? Dive into our "Easy Dinner Ideas for Kids" booklet. It's packed with yummy delights designed to impress everyone at your table—from the seasoned foodies to those adorable, budding gourmets. Snag your copy and let the food festivities begin!
Pin this Recipe