Chocolate Chia Pudding
by Mona Fe Sotomayor on Jul 07, 2023
Ding Ding! It's the call of snack o'clock - that all-important time of day when your little ones turn into ravenous snack monsters. And let's be real, we love the classic PB&J, but when you're on your umpteenth sandwich for the week, the magic kinda starts to wane, doesn't it?
You see, "variety" isn't just the spice of life - it's actually THE secret sauce to keeping your tiny snack gobblers excited about their lunch boxes. Keep them on their toes by introducing new ingredients and mixing them up with their favourites.
Let's mix in a little culinary creativity in there, shall we? Keep those adorable taste buds guessing by sneaking in a surprise ingredient or two amidst their usual faves. But wait! Before you dive into the viral “levelled-up” recipes of egg muffins, spinach and cheese roll-ups, and cheese-bacon puff parcels, pump the brakes! Although these mouth-watering morsels sound like a dream, they can be sneaky little grease bombs!
Level up their beloved berry and chocolate treats with a sprinkling of - wait for it - chia seeds! These teeny-tiny titans are a powerhouse of fibre, omega-3 fatty acids, minerals, and antioxidants. Plus, they are low in calories, so are the perfect sidekick in your mission to conquer snack time!
And the best part? Chia seeds are so tiny and subtle that your little food critics won't even realise they're munching on a health-infused treat! Whether you’re adding it as a topper for oatmeal, baked in bread, or added to your crackers mix, it’s impossible not to find ways to sneak in these power-packed seeds.
After countless hours in the snack lab (aka our kitchen) whipping up recipes that would make even the pickiest eater drool, we've hit the jackpot. The standout favourite, hands down, has been our Berry Choc Chia Pudding. This knockout dessert-turned-lunchbox-superstar keeps our kiddos coming back for seconds, thirds, and… well, you get the picture!
We’ll tell you why this chia-infused miracle is earning rave reviews.
The Berry Choc Chia Pudding is not just another pretty dish but a delicious symphony of sweet berries and rich chocolate, all tied together with the secret nutritional powerhouse – chia seeds. It's a culinary trifecta of taste, health, and fun, all in one adorable little lunchbox!
Ready to give kid-approved and adult-craved recipe a try? Here’s what you need to do:
Berry Choc Chia Pudding Recipe
Makes 4 Puddings | Prep 15 minutes + setting time
- 250 ml (1 cup) coconut milk
- 5 Medjool dates
- 15 g (2 tbsp) cocoa powder
- 40g (¼ cup) chia seeds
- 250 ml (1 cup) coconut milk
- 1 tbsp agave syrup
- 250 g (1 cup) raspberries and strawberries (plus extra for topping)
- 60 g ( ¼ cup + 2 tbsp) chia seeds
- 250 ml (1 cup) coconut yoghourt
- Place the coconut milk, dates, and cocoa powder in a high-speed food processor and blitz until smooth. Pour the mixture into a bowl, then add the chia seeds and mix by hand until combined. Place in the fridge to set for at least an hour or overnight if possible.
- Blitz the coconut milk, agave syrup, and berries in the food processor until smooth. Pour into a bowl, then add chia seeds and mix by hand until combined. Place in the fridge to set for at least an hour or overnight if possible.
- Layer the chocolate chia pudding, followed by yoghourt and raspberry chia pudding, into small jars and top with fresh raspberries before serving.
See how delightfully simple this recipe is? Not only is it a creative and nutrient-packed addition to your kiddo's lunchbox, it's also a tantalising treat for grown-up taste buds too. Whether it's a nutritious dessert, a snazzy breakfast, or a guilt-free midday pick-me-up, this recipe is an ace up your sleeve.
Hold up, mum! Before you make one, you have to know that there's more to this chia pudding adventure than meets the eye! Beyond the mixing and layering, one crucial part of the perfect pudding experience is the perfect kid-friendly cutlery set. We highly recommend that you let your little one dig into its silky layers by using WMBT’s Kids Cutlery. Not only does it add a pop of colour to mealtime, but its gentle, flexible edge is safer for your wee ones. That's right, it's a fun and practical solution for those eager little hands.
Ready to sprinkle a dash of fun into our Berry Choc Chia Pudding? Let's dive into some exciting add-ons that'll not only make the recipe more enticing but also make your little ones squeal with delight!
- Nutty Delight: Up the crunch factor with a spoonful of crushed almonds or walnuts to introduce a boost of healthy fats and protein. Just remember to ensure they're crushed finely for younger kids.
- Rainbow Sprinkles: What child can resist rainbow sprinkles? A tiny dash of these colourful specks will make the pudding look like a festive celebration in a jar!
- Coconut Flakes: Toasted coconut flakes would add a tropical touch and a delightful crunch to the pudding. Plus, they complement the coconut milk beautifully, creating a consistent flavour profile that's simply irresistible.
- Granola Goodness: Sprinkle some granola in between the layers for a surprising texture twist. Choose a variety with added fruits or nuts for an extra burst of flavour and nutrition.
- Mini Marshmallows: For an extra special treat, drizzle on some mini marshmallows. These fluffy little gems add a playful and deliciously sweet touch.
And there you have it, supermums! Your passport to being the queen of snack time - the versatile and oh-so-delicious Berry Choc Chia Pudding. With the playful add-ons, there are countless ways you can tweak, twist, and tailor this recipe to keep it fresh, exciting, and just perfect for your little ones.
But why stop at one recipe when you can have a treasure trove? For an arsenal of mouthwatering, kid-approved lunch box ideas, don't forget to dive into our latest compilation of delightful recipes at We Might Be Tiny. It's brimming with inspiration to keep you queen of the kitchen, one delicious lunchbox at a time!
Pin This Recipe