Raspberry Yoghurt Delight for family!
by Mona Fe Sotomayor on Aug 20, 2023
Warm summer days means lots of outdoor playtime and get-togethers. And just about when all the kiddos - big and tiny - start to run out of steam, you, Super Mum, come in with the save! How? With a refreshing, delicious, and healthy summer dessert that your family will love.
Our Raspberry Yoghurt Delight recipe is perfect for you! Made with fresh raspberries, Greek yoghurt and only one other simple ingredient, it's a refreshing treat that's easy to make and sure to satisfy your sweet tooth. And because it’s so simple, it can be a fun activity that gets everyone involved.
To add some extra fun to your dessert, you can freeze the yoghurt delight in reusable silicone block ice moulds to create a cool and tasty popsicle-style treat. We Might Be Tiny Sunnie Ice Block Moulds are an excellent choice for this recipe, as they are made from durable and long-lasting silicone that will ensure your treats come out perfectly every time. Their unique block shape is just right for your gourmet popsicles and frozen yoghurt treats, making them an excellent addition to your summer recipe collection. Not to mention, clean-up is a breeze!
And the best part? Our easy-to-follow recipe means you can whip up this delightful dessert in no time, making it a go-to treat for hot summer days that you’ll turn to again and again. Trust us: your family will be begging for more!
So, let's get started and make this delicious Raspberry Yoghurt Delight recipe today.
Why Raspberry and Yogurt Are a Winning Combination
Raspberries are not only delicious but also high in nutrients. These juicy little berries are packed with fibre and antioxidants such as vitamin C and anthocyanins, which aid in the fight against free radicals and lower the risk of chronic disease. They add a delightful burst of sweetness and tartness to our Raspberry Yoghurt Delight recipe, perfectly complementing the creaminess of the yoghurt.
Yoghurt, on the other hand, contains a high concentration of protein, calcium, and probiotics. Calcium is important for strong bones and teeth, and protein helps to build and repair tissues in the body. Yoghurt probiotics can also improve gut health and immunity. Yoghurt brings a delicious tangy flavour that balances out the sweetness of the raspberries in our recipe.
Raspberries and yoghurt combine to make a flavour, classic combination that is both nutritious and delicious. The smooth and creamy texture of the yoghurt combined with the fresh raspberries results in a dessert that is not only filling but also nutritious. Try our Raspberry Yoghurt Delight recipe for yourself and your family will be begging for more!
Raspberry Yoghurt Delight Recipe
Makes 4 Sunny Ice Blocks | Prep 30 minutes
To make these delicious raspberry yoghurt delights, you'll need the following:
- 350 g (2 ½ cups) raspberries, fresh or frozen and allowed to thaw
- 3 tbsp agave syrup or sweetener of choice
- 625 ml (2 ½ cups) Greek-style natural yoghurt
Creating these Raspberry Yoghurt Delights is a great opportunity to get your kids involved in the kitchen. You and your little ones can whip up this delicious summer treat together with these easy steps:
- Place the raspberries in a bowl and use a fork to slightly mash them.
- Drizzle agave syrup over the top of the raspberries and mix well.
- Add the yoghurt to the mixing bowl and stir until a marbled effect is achieved.
- Divide the mixture evenly into four We Might Be Tiny Sunnie Ice Block Moulds.
- Freeze the mixture for at least 6 hours, or until it is solid.
These easy-to-follow steps ensure that you get the perfect combination of sweet and tangy flavours in every bite of your raspberry yoghurt delights. So, what are you holding out for? Try this recipe and discover a new and exciting way to enjoy the delicious combination of raspberries and yoghurt!
Even More Options
Looking to mix things up with your Raspberry Yoghurt Delight recipe and try some new flavours? Here are five options that your kids will totally adore:
- Mixed Berries. Instead of just using raspberries, mix in some other berries like blueberries, strawberries, and blackberries for a colourful and flavourful dessert that your kids will love.
- Chocolate and Banana. Mix in some cocoa powder and mashed banana for a dessert that's both sweet and indulgent. Plus, the addition of bananas adds some extra potassium and fibre to the dish.
- Peanut Butter and Jelly. If your kids love peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, they'll love this flavour combination. Mix in some peanut butter and a dollop of strawberry jam for a dessert that's both sweet and nutty.
- Vanilla and Honey. If you're looking for a simple and sweet dessert, mix in some vanilla extract and a drizzle of honey to your raspberry yoghurt delight recipe. The addition of honey adds some natural sweetness without any added sugar.
- Caramelised Banana. Sauté sliced bananas in a little bit of butter and brown sugar for a sweet and sticky flavour that your kids will love. Mix the caramelised bananas into your yoghurt mixture for a dessert that's both sweet and satisfying.
So there you have it, five kid-friendly flavour options to mix up an already delicious recipe. These flavours are sure to please even the pickiest eaters, and are a great way to get your kids to eat some healthy fruits and yoghurt.
Cool Off with a Refreshing Raspberry Yoghurt Delight
Let’s do this, mums! Grab all the necessary ingredients and get ready to enjoy this delightful dessert. It's a refreshing treat that's sure to become a family favourite. Try it out and experiment with different flavour combinations using other frozen fruit and yoghurt flavours! And don't forget to get your own Sunnie Ice Block Moulds to make your next batch of frozen yoghurt delights.
Pin this Recipe