Our Thai Curry Chicken is a winner winner chicken dinner for the cooler weather. Simple to prepare, and delicious.
- 500 g (2 cups) chicken thighs, minced/chicken mince
- 2 tbsp tamari sauce 2 tbsp herb mix (coriander, basil, oregano, thyme, bear’s garlic/garlic)
- 1/2 tsp ginger, grated
- coconut oil for frying
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp green Thai curry paste (mild)
- 400 ml (1 can) coconut milk
- 2 kaffir lime leaves, finely shredded
- 120 g (1 cup) yellow/red capsicum equates to one medium capsicum
- 120 g (2 cups) broccoli equates to one half small broccoli
- 10 cherry tomatoes
- 10 string beans
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 200 g (1 cup) jasmine rice, washed, and cooked
Combine the chicken mince with tamari sauce, herbs, and ginger. Using damp hands, form the chicken mixture into 26 small balls. Place on a plate and chill for 30 minutes to firm up.
Heat the coconut oil in a large skillet over medium heat and cook onions until soft. Add green Thai curry paste until fragrant.
Pour in coconut milk and kaffir leaves and simmer. Add the chicken meatballs and cook for up to 10 minutes until cooked through.
Finely chop the veggies and add to the curry and cook for another 3 - 5 minutes until tender. Lastly, add the fish sauce and season to taste.
Divide rice among serving bowls and top with curry and meatballs.
This recipe was extracted from We Might Be Tiny's Toddler Food Guide, available as a FREE e-book (digital download). Grab yourself a copy now.