Choc Chip Cookie Balls
by Mona Fe Sotomayor on May 22, 2023
As you down that much-needed coffee, waiting for that sweet, sweet caffeine to hit, we bet you've caught yourself daydreaming once or twice about a countertop overflowing with ready-to-devour snacks for the fam. Perhaps, you've even secretly wished for someone to just swoop in, whisk away the meal-prep stress, and gift you some extra time to crush that never-ending to-do list.
And you know what? We can't blame you! We totally get the stress of planning those afternoon treats when you're already juggling a million other tasks. This is especially true during super hectic days when we're just too swamped to find inspo and try out something new that we end up serving the same ol' quick-fix nibbles on repeat.
But before you go and reach for your trusted Tim Tams or meat pies, there's something you need to know! Science shows that introducing our kiddos to a variety of food is actually essential for their growth and development. This only means that we need to shake things up once in a while and serve them new bites that'll excite their taste buds.
Fortunately, we've come to an age where technology finally reached our kitchen in the form of an air fryer!
This nifty little device is a busy mum's best friend, and it's got a whole host of features that'll have you high-fiving your countertop. By simply pressing a few buttons and turning the knob, you can finally say hello to healthier meals minus the need for a ton of oil!
And did we mention that it's crazy fast? Thanks to its advanced cooking method, your average oven will be left in the dust.
But if there's one thing we love about air fryers is that they can literally cook everything from crispy snacks to full-on family meals in a matter of minutes. Simply put the ingredients in the basket and leave it till you hear that beep.
Now if you're looking for an easy baking recipe you can make with this, then we highly recommend that you check out our lovely Choc Chip Cookie Balls recipe!
Chocolate chip cookies are pretty much the universal language of snack happiness, and it's impossible to go wrong with them. They are easy to make, perfect for grabbing on the go, and can also be a fantastic party favour to delight your guests. No wonder why they earned a spot in our hearts!
In this post, we'll take this all-time favourite snack to new heights with an air fryer twist that's sure to make your munchkins skip for joy!
Choc Chip Cookie Balls Recipe
Makes 12 balls | Prep 1 hour (includes 30 minutes refrigeration time)
- 115 g (1 cup) light spelt flour
- ½ tbsp baking soda
- 4 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 60 ml (¼ cup) maple syrup
- 1 egg, whisked
- 65 g (⅔ cup) dark choc chips
- In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, baking soda, and coconut sugar.
- Add in vanilla extract, oil, maple syrup, and egg, then whisk until well incorporated.
- Add choc chips and mix again, using your hands if easier, until choc chips are evenly mixed throughout the cookie dough.
- Place dough in the fridge to cool for at least 30 minutes.
- Roll tablespoonfuls of cookie dough into small balls, flattening slightly between your hands. Place 4-6 balls in the basket of the air fryer, ensuring there is plenty of space between each. Bake for 5-7 minutes at 160° C. Allow to cool before serving in your favourite We Might Be Tiny Stickie Bowl.
Isn't this simple baking recipe an absolute lifesaver?
Now you can whip up a super delish and speedy treat for your kiddos in no time.
And hey, don't forget to serve it up using WMBT Stickie Bowls for the ultimate mess-free snacking experience. These adorable silicone storage containers come with handy partitions, so you can mix things up by adding fresh fruit or a scoop of ice cream alongside those tasty cookies.
Additionally, these Stickie Bowls can actually double as silicone snack boxes! Just pop on the matching lid, and you're all set for your on-the-go adventures.
Planning to share this scrumptious treat with other busy mums? We highly recommend keeping those cookies fresh and intact by stacking them neatly inside an airtight container. This way, you can preserve their freshness and prevent any accidental cookie casualties. When it's time to spread the love, simply transfer them to a cellophane bag, decorative tin, foil pan, or a stand-up zip lock pouch. Don't forget to add some theme-coordinated ribbons for a gift that's both stylish and oh-so-tasty!
Exciting Add-Ins To Reinvent Our Choc Chip Cookie Balls
One of the best things about this classic treat is its versatility, allowing you to sneak in a variety of ingredients to upgrade the flavour and texture. Whether you're looking to create a gourmet cookie experience, cater to dietary preferences, or simply surprise your family and friends with a unique twist, these delightful additions are sure to make your cookies anything but ordinary.
- Choco-Berry Baby: Throw in some dried cranberries or cherries for a fruity zing.
- Nutty Nirvana: Introduce a nutty twist by adding crunchy walnuts, pecans, or almonds.
- Coco Temptation: Transport their taste buds to paradise with coconut flakes and macadamia nuts.
- Caramel Cuddles: Top off each cookie with swirls of gooey caramel and a sprinkle of sea salt for that perfect sweet and salty balance.
- PB Powerhouse: Add some peanut butter swirls for a nutty, creamy surprise.
- Cinna-Sensation: Complete the treat by adding a dash of cinnamon for a perfectly spiced delight.
Eager to give this recipe a whirl? Rally up your kiddos and let them join you in whipping up this scrumptious snack. You never know, this might just ignite their passion for cooking and transform them from snack-time spectators to your very own kitchen aide!
For more air fryer inspiration, be sure to check out our latest and greatest WMBT recipe collection!
Pin this Recipe