Quick and Nutritious Seeded Pretzels and Dipping Sauce Recipe for Busy Parents
by Mona Sotomayor on Sep 24, 2023
Savoury Seeded Pretzels and Dipping Sauce: A Perfect Treat for Busy Parents
As a busy parent, finding nutritious and delicious snacks that your kids will love can be quite the challenge. Look no further than our Seeded Pretzels and Dipping Sauce recipe! This delightful treat not only satisfies those snack cravings but also offers a hands-on kitchen experience that your little ones will adore. In this blog post, we'll walk you through the steps to create these savoury pretzels and a mouthwatering dipping sauce that will quickly become a family favourite.
Why You'll Love These Seeded Pretzels
Preparing snacks that are both wholesome and enjoyable can be a daunting task, especially when time is limited. Our Seeded Pretzels are the answer to your snack-time prayers. With a preparation time of just 45 minutes, these pretzels are a lifesaver for busy parents. Plus, they are freezer-friendly, allowing you to make a batch in advance and have them on hand whenever hunger strikes.
The Little Chef's Corner
One of the most exciting aspects of this recipe is that it's perfect for getting your little kitchen helpers involved. From rolling out the dough to shaping the pretzels, your kids will have a blast being part of the cooking process. The tactile experience of working with the dough and creating pretzel shapes will not only keep them engaged but also foster a love for cooking at an early age.
Ingredients You'll Need
- 1 tsp ( ½ 7g sachet) instant dry yeast
- 180 ml (¾ cup) lukewarm water
- ½ tbsp raw sugar
- 250 g (2 cups + 1 tbsp) light spelt flour
- ½ tsp salt
- 35 g ( ¼ cup) mixed seeds
BAKING SODA BATH
- 120 g ( ½ cup) baking soda
- 2 ¼ L (9 cups) water
Creating Your Seeded Pretzels
- In a bowl, whisk the yeast with 60 ml (¼ cup) warm water and the sugar. Allow to sit for a few minutes until mixture appears frothy.
- Add in flour and salt and then mix with wooden spoon to combine. Gradually add a little more water until a thick dough mixture comes together. If dough becomes to sticky, add a little more flour.
- Turn the dough out onto a floured surface and knead for 3 minutes and shape into a ball. Place in a bowl covered with a tea towel and leave to rest in a warm place for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile prepare the baking soda bath, preheat oven to 200 C and line a baking tray with parchment paper or a We Might Be Tiny Placie
- Divide the dough into 8 equal ¼ cup portions. Roll each portion into 20–25 cm rope. Form a circle with the dough by bringing the two ends together at the top of the circle. Twist the ends together then bring the twisted ends back down towards yourself and press them down to form a pretzel shape.
- In a large pan, bring baking soda and water to the boil. Drop 1 to 2 pretzels at a time into the boiling water for 20–30 seconds (avoid leaving for any longer otherwise the pretzels may have a metallic taste).
- Remove the pretzels using a slotted spatula, allowing excess water to drip off before placing on prepared baking sheets. Sprinkle seeds over pretzels then back for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and serve with dipping sauce of choice. Store leftover pretzels at room temperature for up to 3 days. To reheat, bake at 180 C for 5 minutes.
The Perfect Dipping Sauce
A great pretzel deserves an equally amazing dipping sauce. You can choose a dipping sauce of your choice, be it a classic cheese dip, tangy mustard, or a creamy yoghurt-based option. This versatility allows you to cater to your family's preferences and dietary needs.
A Snack for Any Occasion
These Seeded Pretzels are the ideal addition to your child's lunchbox or as an afternoon tea snack. They offer a balanced combination of flavours and textures, making them equally enjoyable on their own or paired with a tasty dip. Store any leftovers at room temperature for up to 3 days, and simply reheat in the oven at 180°C for 5 minutes to regain that irresistible freshness.
Incorporate this Seeded Pretzels and Dipping Sauce recipe into your busy parent toolkit, and watch as it becomes a go-to favourite for satisfying snack cravings. With its quick and easy preparation, delightful involvement for your little ones, and mouthwatering taste, this recipe is a must-try for all busy parents seeking a snack-time solution that both kids and adults will adore.
Pin this Recipe