Makes 12 | Prep 20 minutes | Bake 25 - 30 minutes
- 500 ml (2 cups) boiled water
- 2 rooibois teabags
- 200 g (2 cups) rolled oats
- 120 g (2/3 cups) dried apricots
- 80 g (3/4 cup) almond meal/sunflower seeds finely ground
- 50 g (1/2 cup) desiccated coconut
- 100 g (1/2 cup) butter
- 2 eggs
- 3 Medjool dates, finely chopped
Preheat the oven to 180 C.
Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
Steep the tea in boiling water for 10 minutes.
Remove tea bags then transfer liquited to a high-speed food processor. Add all remaining ingredients except for dates.
Pulse roughly until combined and then stir through dates.
Spread out evenly onto baking tray and bake for 25 - 30 minutes or until golden brown.
Allow to cool before slicing.
Store in an airtight container in the fridge for 3 days or freeze for up to three months.